Thursday, July 8, 2010

Cuhrazy!

I've been taking a good hard look at my story with Shawn's notes in hand for the past few days, kind of taking it slow and mulling things over. There are actually fewer notations in Shawn's notes than I had thought there would be, so that is a good thing.

One of the things he pointed out was that there is nothing to the non-Keroen characters. They only exist when Keroen is around to look at them and demand exposition and whatnot. That was intentional. The story is about Keroen, who gives a fuck about everyone else? I added in Nostathon's bits and pieces for a very specific purpose, and Shawn has suggested that there are other spots where I could do similar things with other characters, and I've given that quite a bit of thought as I progress through my re-writes and additions and whatnot.

I think that I've got some spots where I can add some tidbits in centering around Contuck and Aubernach and Merobel. These pieces will work pretty nicely with some stuff I've had rolling around in my head for a while now, and they should give a better picture of the Nel and some of the characters from the story. So good deal there.

Shawn also mentioned that most of the battles in the story are underwhelming because it is a foregone conclusion as to who will win. Keroen Skathos is war, if it breathes, he can change that. Easily. This is an issue that has crossed my mind before, and I think I can perhaps put some effort forth in this department as I proceed through the book and Shawn's notes. Maybe. We'll see.

Some things to think and muse about I guess. I'm enjoying this, I'm in that mode where I get writing and I cannot physically stop myself from writing. It makes me feel like a real writer when I get all twitchy and fervent about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment