Sunday, August 2, 2009

Oh Fiddlesticks

Gaming is looking grim for August, this saddens me. A lot. I know everyone is still interested, but schedule conflicts seem like they are a big impediment. I'm not sure how long that will persist, we'll see. Even if schedules no longer become a problem, Eric and Jeff will be enrolling in institutions of higher learning and Josh will be wandering away to the Navy to get his "free" (HA!) schooling. Which means schedules will be a complication again, and we will be down a person. Seems like gaming is in a coma and on its way to checking out permanently. Seems fitting that when I finally get my shit together and we get a sweet group together that it's schedules and important shit that kills gaming, and not my lack of interest. Maybe ironic rather than fitting. We'll see how things turn out though. I have the entire internet at my fingertips and there is a site called EN World that is a gamer haven for all kinds of pen and paper RPGs (the majority of their content is DnD centric though) and they have sections that put gamers together based on location. Not sure how I'd feel about bringing in total unknowns, but nerds/geeks are what they are for the most part. No LARPers though.

...I wonder if we could get Dan back into it.
...Or Tony too, I sense he is not violently opposed to the idea, but I think he'd have to sit down and get into it for that to really happen and as long as he avoids physically gaming he won't be into it.

I had my little crisis of system use the other day, but I think I've pretty well gotten over it. Everything I want to do can be done in 4th Edition, just not as often as I like basically. The example I go to once more is the ray gun. Yes, the ray gun will do fire damage when used for ranged attacks, at least when used with martial powers. However, if you are trained in the Technomancy skill you will be able tweak the settings on the motherfucker and cause a ranged burst attack in addition to the normal effects of your power, this will only be usable once per day. The steam rifle will have a similar situation, normal attacks will push targets, once per encounter you can not a target prone.

I think I just started freaking out over nothing. I kind of tend to get fixated on one little aspect or something, then blow it out or proportion. I think that's part of why I get so easily frustrated by gaming and whatnot. One little thing gets stuck in my mind like a grain of sand and becomes big deal and drives me crazy.

Music: Demise - Hawkwind

No comments:

Post a Comment