Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Rise of D'alton

I began work on the sixth scenario today, and I'm starting to get amped up about the thing. I put in fifty-four minutes (I'm timing myself again) today and I can tell its definitely going to take more than seven hours to put together and its definitely going to be a bit different than some of the other stuff I've put before the guys.

Pro-tip for any players that read this: If you're in a fight, you fucked up. Heh.

Since D'alton is the only character in the group with a background attached to Hell, I'm preparing some blocks of information for him to wield like a blade during the scenario. It basically breaks down into a series of moments in the scenario associated with relevant information. I think I'll leave it up to Jeremy to choose whether or not D'alton says anything about the place or not. Or perhaps he can act shifty and play things close to his chest and teh group can make Insight and Diplomacy checks against D'alton's Will Defense to get him to talk. Or they could role-play their characters engaging Jeremy's in conversation.

I'm might also prepare a cheat sheet for Jeremy as well, something he and I co-create to outline the mechanics of the heist and a few abolutes that need to be done, a few spots were I want his character to do or say a certain thing, and some general info about D'alton's old stomping ground in the 2nd District of Hell.

A side note, I'm goofily amused with myself for explaining the name Hell in the next scenario and it having nothing to do with underworlds, afterlives, or strange dimensions full of demons.

The more thinking and planning I do, the more I start to get amped up about this scenario. It seems like its going to be a fun time and could have quite a few interesting occurences/complications. I mean, I have it set up in a fashion that allows the group to join the rebellion altruistically, as double agents, or as mercs. A lot of things could conceivably go wrong though and the group could end up in jail by the end of the night. Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment