Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Thumbs Down

So. I had this brilliant idea about how to snazz up our gaming by building areas and enemies out of Legos, rather than the Dogawful DnD miniatures. I wasn't planning on building every battlefield, just the big deal encounters and set pieces. So I broke out all my Legos and set to work, and failed. I forgot that I have shit for Legos. I have two moderately sized sets, a fancy submarine and a smaller space station, everything else is little thirty to fifty piece sets. I have bricks, but not enough to build true walls. I have plates, but not enough to build multiple floors in a multi-story building. I have weapons and armor, but not enough to equip everyone or give the impression that everyone is wearing leather and has a backpack and is an 1800s era adventurer. So it all looks like a piece of shit, except for the minifigs, which actually look...if not good, at least entertaining and with some custom weapons I ordered last night we should at least have a wide variety of implements of destruction to equip the group and their enemies with.

These leads to the descent of the second opposable digit. The idea I spoke of a few posts ago cannot happen without the properly constructed Lego battlefield. Its still there, but I had to gut a few things and change the shape of the environment. It still works, but it is nowhere near as cinematic or different. Oh well, lament for what could have been dear reader. You missed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment