Thursday, September 17, 2009

Bananas!

Did I already do that one? I can never remember what I title these things. (I guess I did. Oh well.)

I finally finished my Black Templar space marine and I am super glad I was able to completely scratch that itch. Good looking model (especially those Black Templar specific bits) but I need some practice with it. I think it needs a bit more red as well. We'll see. Regardless, it is done and I am happy with it as a test model. If I do end up pursuing Black Templars at some point, I have a test model to work on improvements to.

Currently I am in the process of re-painting my ork skin before I move on to the final details of the model. I ended up going over the bright green my guide said to use with the previous shade of green and that looks good, pretty much exactly what I was looking for. I might try a green wash to see if I can get some easy shading on the guys. If you can do it properly I've found ork skin shade nicely, they're very muscular and all the ridges and valleys collect paint well. I think all I need to do is finish up the teeth, do the "lucky" blue Deathskull face paint, and eyes. Maybe a little bit of touch up and detail work as well, then they're all done.

I also have a Blood Angel I'm working on. I really like the red. It has the benefit of being simple and also looking decent. I'm using it as a test mini for my Space Hulk guys, which I eventually intend to paint, if I can find a varnish that works for me. I had some trouble when I tried to use Testor's Dullcote to protect some of my earlier chaos space marines. It left this kind of grayish residue on the models that I did not care for. Hopefully I can attribute this to operator error.

I also played Space Hulk, using my Iron Warriors. It was fun. The time limit on the terminator side really makes you a bit tense when trying to plan out your extremely limited number of moves per turn. Then when your guys start dying on you, each death kind of made me cringe a bit. Genestealers just start coming at you like four or more at a time and it gets pretty hairy for the terminators pretty quick. Sadly I lost the mission. It was definitely fun though.

Up to page sixty-something of two hundred and eight in The Last Blade revisions. The next part is rather tricky because a new character is introduced and he was a red cap and there is some discussion of his nature and abilities that must be removed and heavily altered. I think I have a solution though. I'm not sure how different it will be from what red caps are, but we'll see what happens when I start tapping away at the keyboard. I sometimes manage to surprise myself. Not sure what to do about the leprechaun though. To cut a long story short, work progresses on my revisions.

Totally stalled on Traith Harris, and I've come to the conclusion that roughly four or five chapters of what I've written are totally pointless and add nothing to the story. I think I can salvage pieces of it and incorporate it to where I'm going but it was basically a silly way to show Spineplate, a character from my DnD campaign that has nothing to do with Traith's at this point. Oh well, I intend on converting Traith to GURPS (there is a 4E version somewhere around my laptop) and I think that will be an easy route to getting back into the story. Plus, supposedly we're returning to The Known World on the 26th and that always gets me psyched up about Traith because I know that while they're killing shit or engaging in dialogue, he's back in the 37th busting heads.

Sometimes when they do stuff I kind of zone out and imagine what Traith is up to. Its kind of fun to imagine my world as living and breathing. Witch hunters are out there killing innocents to save them from themselves and Traith is out there caving in faces with that big brass arm of his.

My next few pieces of Inconcistencies are probably going to focus on my attempts to introduce the Sorcerer and the Charlatan (kudos to Laura if you are reading this, neat idea). I also have another idea for that story that makes me giggle a bit. To be fair though, I do a lot of giggling when I write that story because it is so ridiculous.

Music: Survivalism - Nine Inch Nails
Music: Capital G - Nine Inch Nails

No comments:

Post a Comment