Wednesday, June 1, 2011

DaMaging/ Tribute

I have made a few observations over the last 16 years of gaming, one of them: the DM does all the work. I have had the pleasure of watching Clint go from notebook-and-pencil-my-way-or-the-highway to the pretty damned good DM he is now... He has kept me from quitting a few times as well, and always bends over backwards for his players to make their experience fun for them and everyone else.

That being said, some of you may think I am copping out when I went ahead and purchased a premade adventure set, as Clint has built his from the ground up (over sixteen years, a lot in the last couple), but I say to you, nay, WE ARE BUT MEN! Wait, what?!?

Anyway, as I was saying, typing, whatever... there are a few things I would like to point out about me: I have attempted in the past to be the DM/GM a handful of times, most with utter failure. I have tried world building and then I get to the point where I don't know how I want to set something up/ anal for detail occasionally. I have a lot on my plate lately and the summer off I have isn't enough time to try and make something solid. Also, I have some learning to do/ nervous about a lot of things in the game world, people laughing, for example, at something I think could have had the potential to be really cool and neat if you could have only seen it through my eyes (I use undead carnival as an example).

So what am I trying to say? I am got us a premade adventure for several reasons, the first and foremost is time constraints for me and the second being that I need to learn how to set this stuff up without making myself look like a buffoon. Hell, I guess there is a third as well, how to manage a group...

I hope I am going to do this game justice for the two people we will be introducing it to, and I won't lie, that makes me even more nervous. My own girlfriend and one of my best friend's wife, I would love to show them what makes us all love gaming for the different reasons we do (friendship, crazy and the story/ choose your own adventure).

I would like to be all set to game on the 26th of June, with all characters made and ready to go so we can get as much done as we can before the eventual boredom I perhaps foresee happening. I don't know, hope it doesn't feel like I am bugging everyone to get their stuff done. Ker already said if feels like homework.

Till next time, ROCK OOOOOOON!

No comments:

Post a Comment