Thursday, July 23, 2009

That's Math I Can Get Behind!

Work progresses on my Orks, except anything involving green paint because my GW order from early last week still has not arrived in the mail, nor has my thewarstore.com order. This is somewhat vexing. I have most of the first stages of painting for them done and I really like the blue that is the base of the Death Skulls clothing and tattoos. I'm really glad I chose Death (Deff?) Skulls as my clan. I like the Snakebites as well, but I have no desire to try converting the orcs and boars from the Warhammer Fantasy line of models into orks riding cyboars to be counts as warbikers. I mean, it would be cool as Hell, but fuck that. Those boars are metal and I don't hate myself enough to try my hand at making them cyboars. (I secretly do though, because boars are awesome, bioniks are awesome, and putting the two together is exponentially more awesome.)

The ay key on this laptop is effed up, so that is why one or two may be missing from this post. For some reason I enjoy spelling letters out phonetically. Ay, ee, eye, oh, yoo. See? Fun.

DnD has totally stalled out at the moment. This is ok though, I have a real good framework for the fourth scenario and as I have previously stated, the third is done and our next session will be run by Eric so there is bit of a buffer. I do need to make Walthuler's Missive for it (the third scenario) though and figure out how they get it in the wilderness. I think a dirigible will be involved. Anyway, Jeremy (beautiful glorious bastard that he is,) has decided he wants to pull off a heist in Kusseth. (If there is a van involved I think I can get Tony back into the game for at least one session) He in fact wants to finish the heist that got his character sent to Beltan eight years prior to the first scenrio of this campaign. Three years ago I would have shit myself if he had said he wants to do that in a campaign. Today all I can say is that he gets another Dogdamn gold star of awesomesauce.

I'm going to Shawn's this weekend and we pln on engaging in a variety of activities, possibly including laundry. One thing we will be doing is brewing some beer, another is some 40k GAMING. Not painting or blogging or scraping away at shit with the flat end of an exacto knife. We will gaming. We're only working with 500 points and whtever we have on hand that kind of looks like scenery and we won't have a regulation 6' x 4' table, but we will be rolling dice nd our manz will definitely be pew pewing at each other. That is not a dick joke.

Hopefully we can get two games in. I hve enough stuff put together and partially painted to field an ork list and a chaos space marine list, as long as Shwn doesn't mind proxying. I remember a time when all I ws missing was a counts-as Kharn for my HQ and I would hve had 1000 points of Khornate Chaos Space marines. But now I have Iron Warriors and they are a wee bit cooler. I plan on trying to play a real game this time , we'll roll for deployment and mission type and everything, then maybe I'll post battle reports.

Oh, yeah, if they have it, I intend on buying a Black Templars upgrade sprue from the hobby shop by Shwn's, and some Mordian Blue paint as well. I've given up on Eric and Tony painting anything and Shawn seems to have no desire to go beyond 500 points in the foreseeable future, so I'm just going to play with 500 point lists for the foreseeable future, and occasionally purchase a model that looks fun to paint. That is what this hobby has become to me, more painting than anything else. (In case you didn't notice, that was n admission that I will be canning my Lamenters and plying Blck Templrs as my loyalist space marines.)

Eric kind of freaks out every time I switch paint schemes. I'm not sure why. This is only the second time I've bought any paints this year and the cost for the paints I bought last time was under ten dollars and maybe slightly more this time. I also bought Simple Green, which is like 3 bucks for a jug that we did some household cleaning with in addition to stripping 1000 points of Khorne. Did I "waste" cash? Yes. Do I feel I got my money's worth out of the cash wasting? Yes, because I got more hours of enjoyment out of painting my models than I do out of most of my video games. Meanwhile, Eric blew money all over eBay for paints, models for Spce Marines and Tau, and brushes and now it all sits in a corner somewhere collecting dust and any skill he had with painting has atrophied because he hasn't put a brush to a model in like half a year.

Apparently I was agitated about that issue.

To return to the topic of gaming, its looking bleak for August as well. Tony and I are trying to get our schedules switched round at work and this makes changes to Josh's schedule, and he apprently has all his weekends in August filled up with shit, since he didn't run any of those plans by me I can only assume none of them are gaming related. Since he and Jeff are like peas in a pod I can also infer that Jeff may possibly be involved in some of those plans. I could handle gaming with one less person than usual, that is part of why I force NPCs down the group's collective throat, but losing two guys just makes the group too small. More people usually equals more fun in my book. We'll see though, I remain tentatively optimistic about August. If anything, its more of a buffer for work on scenarios and that is in no way a bad thing.

Music: I Fought Pirahnas - The White Stripes

2 comments:

  1. ...Can we have a van? This had not crossed my mind. It could be a big assed, steam belching sort of monstrosity. Possibly with wagon wheels. And, and, can I recruit a driver sort of character that I will vouch for (possibly someone I knew from my Street Urchin(r) days), and no one will quite trust him...you know how this ends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do I know how it ends? I'm not sure. Regardless, I think this has potential. I will be sending an email out tomorrow or Thursday and we will discuss such things therein.

    ReplyDelete