Given that magic works differently and whatnot, we're going to need to alter the spell list of the game. I say spell list instead of spell lists because as has been previously mentioned, all spells are available to all spellcasters.
Let's do an itty bitty little refresh from last week about what magic cannot do: it can't be used to travel to, contact, or summon creatures from other plane (because there are no other planes), it cannot bring back the dead or create or affect undead (because there is no afterlife and there are no undead) on Fendojon, it cannot contact deities or do anything involving holy power or radiant damage (because radiant damage deals damage to the soul with divine power and their are no deities and thus no divine power), it also cannot create life (because). Additionally, divination type spells don't work very well against Buillon and don't work at all on matters that do not take place on Fendojon. This aspect is something that is hard to precisely define because it depends on what the divination affect does.
Just as a reminder, magic in Fendojon isn't permanent.
So let's get started with the list. I'm fallible, so the list is not written in stone. Something is going to slip through the cracks. If it comes up in play and I shut you down, sorry about your luck, but I don't get paid and don't have a team of proofreaders and fact checkers. Also: fuck you for not using common sense you selfish fucking shit-twit of a player.
Damn. I really like that. Fucktwit is one of my favorite curses (second only to fuckhead), but shit-twit has definite appeal. Shitheadtwit? No that doesn't work quite as well. Moving along. Plenty of time for practicing cursing at work tomorrow.
- Animate Dead - Creates undead.
- Animate Objects - Creates thinking and reasoning life (the objects animated have an Intelligence and Wisdom higher than 0), albeit temporarily.
- Astral Projection - There are no planes, thus there is no Astral Plan to go to with this spell.
- Banishment - There are no other planes to banish creatures to.
- Blinding Smite - Deals radiant damage, which is not a thing that exists.
- Branding Smite - Deals radiant damage, which is not a thing that exists.
- Circle of Power - Divine energy is not a thing that exists, therefore it cannot radiate from you.
- Commune - There are no deities to commune with.
- Conjure Animals - Fey spirits are not a thing that exists.
- Conjure Celestial - Celestials are not a thing that exists.
- Conjure Elemental - Elementals are not a thing that exists.
- Conjure Fey - Similarly to fey spirits, fey are not a thing that exists.
- Conjure Minor Elementals - Despite taking up less space, minor elementals, like regular elementals, are not a thing that exists.
- Conjure Woodland Beings - Fey creatures are not a thing that exists.
- Contact Other Plane - Other planes are not a thing that exists.
- Create Undead - Creates undead.
- Crusader's Mantle - Radiant damage is not a thing that exists.
- Detect Evil and Good - Aberrations, celestials, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead are not things that exist.
- Dispel Evil and Good - Celestials, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead are not things that exist and thus have no enchantments that need to be broken and no planes to return to, because planes are not a thing that exists.
- Divination - Gods are not a thing that exists.
- Divine Favor - Radiant damage is not a thing that exists and gods are not a thing that exist.
- Divine Word - There was one word at creation and it was fuckhead. It is not divine and does not have the ability to harm nonexistent celestials, elementals, fey, and fiends. Because they are not things that exist.
- Dust Devil - Elemental forces are not a thing that exists.
- False Life - Necromantic facsimiles of life are not a thing that exists.
- Find Steed - Spirits are not a thing...ok they are, but they're a dead thing so they can't be interacted with via magic. Nevermind. It's complicated. Spirits are not a thing that exists to be called forth for pony play.
- Gate - Other planes are not a thing that exists.
- Guardian of Faith - Spectral guardians are not a thing that exists.
- Guiding Bolt - Radiant damage is not a thing that exists.
- Hallow - Holy and unholy power are not things that exist.
- Holy Aura - Divine light is not a thing that exists.
- Magic Circle - Celestials, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead are not things that exist to be affected.
- Nystul's Magic Aura - This spell is not a thing that exists due to the excessive volume of pointlessness it would possess in Fendojon. What would be the point of masking the aura of something when a caster can easily sense the aura of the masking spell?
- Phantom Steed - Creates life (albeit temporary illusory life).
- Planar Ally - Other planes are not a thing that exist to get allies from.
- Planar Binding - Celestials, elementals, fey, and fiends are not things that exist to be enslaved.
- Plane Shift - Other planes are not things that exist to be shifted to.
- Reincarnate - The afterlife is not a place that exists that your soul can be dragged back from into another body.
- (Untrue) Resurrection - The afterlife is not a place that exists that your soul can be dragged back from.
- Simulacrum - Creates life (albeit temporary illusory life).
- Speak With Dead - The afterlife is not a place that exists for the dead to be spoken to in.
- Spirit Guardians - Spirits are not a thing that exists to be called forth for guardianship.
- True Resurrection - Similar to the untrue resurrection, the afterlife is not a place that exists that your soul can be dragged back from.
- Unseen Servant - Creates life.
- Wish - Fuck off.
- Word of Recall - Deities are not a thing that exists, so placed cannot be deemed as sanctuaries to them.
Spells With Minor Mechanical or Thematic Alterations
- Blink - Blink still exists and functions as normal, you just don't appear in the Ethereal Plane, you effectively become insubstantial and invisible when you would hop over to the Ethereal Plane, but the spell is unchanged mechanically.
- Creation - The Shadowfell is not a place that exists, but this spell still functions as described by using magic to create a semi-real illusory object.
- Etherealness - Etherealness still exists and functions as normal, you just don't move through the Ethereal Plane, you effectively become insubstantial and invisible, but the spell is unchanged mechanically.
- Flame Strike - Deals only fire damage because radiant damage is not a thing that exists.
- Mordenkainen's Faithful Hound - This spell is more like a semi-permanent divination sensor tied to a force effect than it is a creation of sentient life, so it stays and functions as is.
- Prayer of Healing - Works as described, but it's not a prayer, it's magic. Like cure wounds and healing word.
- Revivify - This spell functions as normal, but it doesn't pull your soul back from the afterlife. It's like the magical equivalent of high quality CPR and rapid defibrillation. The spell's school changes from conjuration to evocation.
- Shield of Faith - Works as described, but it's more like a shield of force energy and not one composed of faith in a deity. Which are things that don't exist to have faith in.
- Sacred Flame - Works as described, but deals fire damage.
- Sunbeam - Works as described, but deals fire damage.
- Sunburst - Works as described, but deals fire damage.
Spells With Major Mechanical Alterations
- Find Familiar - The familiar is not a spirit, it is natural animal appropriate to the environment the spell is cast in (rats or dogs in an urban setting, snakes or frogs in a sawmp, etc), and has the appropriate statistics for such a creature. The familiar does not disappear when dropped to 0 hit points, instead it is treated like any other creature that drops to 0 hit points. The familiar cannot be dismissed to a pocket dimension. Whether you are actively using the senses of the familiar or not and while you are able to speak to the familiar telepathically, line of sight for the targets of your spells may use the familiar's position instead of your own, but this does not change line of effect and you remain the origin of the spell. Finally, your familiar may concentrate on one spell for you, allowing you to concentrate on another. This only functions if the familiar is within 100 feet of you and ceases if you or the familiar are rendered unconscious.
So there is some info on which spells are excluded, which ones are thematically different, and one with some major alterations. Wee. If I add more in the future to the list I'll add the Edit After the Fact label to the post and a note on what I added and when.